Summer seems more crowded around here? It’s not just your imagination
Once upon a time – if you stayed in town for the summer – tables were easy to get, the streets were never jammed, and you enjoyed a 3-month respite from the tidal wave of visitors that stream into Miami every month. Not anymore. Tourism this summer is running only about 10% less than high-season months, according to the Miami Visitor and Convention Bureau. Tourism is Miami’s #1 industry, and all this additional traffic is a welcome boost to hotels, restaurants and retailers. Miami Beach gets about 10 million visitors a year, and Miami ranks 5th among all U.S. tourist destinations.
Top U.S. Cities – Ranked by Annual Tourism:
1. Orlando, FL 48,000,000 visitors annually
2. New York City 47,000,000 visitors annually
3. Chicago 45,580,000 visitors annually
4. Anaheim, CA 42,700,000 visitors annually
5. Miami 38,100,000 visitors annually