Miami Real Estate Blog
ok we’re impressed
Posted on December 18, 2012
Ever stopped at the BP at 1000 Biscayne, and wondered why a gas station still sits in the middle of four big high rises? Looks like those days are numbered.
Zaha Hadid has been hired to create her first high rise in the Western Hemisphere, and it will be pretty remarkable. Hadid is a Pritzker Prize winner, and her organic/futuristic forms are studied and generally acclaimed worldwide. East/West views from the new condo building will be challenging due to surrounding buildings, but bay views – toward Museum Park – will be unrestricted. Nearby buildings 10 Museum, Marina Blue, 900 Biscayne and Marquis Miami have all sold and rented very well, and with Midtown continuing to develop core amenities such as museums, good restaurants, a Publix, etc, developers will continue to do what it takes to infill the waterfront from NE36th Street to the Venetian Causeway.
This could be to Miami’s 8 Spruce Street - redefining the skyline and raising the bar for new condo buildings in Miami.
10 Reasons to Love Miami – 2012
Posted on December 17, 2012
- Because 80,000 people board big love boats in Government Cut every week
- Because there’s a CrossFit or Boxing Studio on every block now to remind you just how lazy and gross your body actually is
- Because Coconut Grove continues to operate as the local beatnik – unaffected by the surrounding mania that pervades Miami
- Because you can go to an opera in an I.M. Pei building – but still be expected to park on a gravel parking lot
- Because a company opens a new hostel on South Beach called Freehand, and nobody gives it a second thought
- Because according to the latest U.S. Census – nearly 5,000 homes in Miami-Dade still lack complete plumbing, while at the other end of the spectrum fully 29% of homes here don’t have a mortgage
- Because our local Art Basel has become the largest show of Contraptions-We-Don’t-Understand in the modern world
- Because a casino company spends vast sums of money for a waterfront location in this resort town, and promptly gets shut down by the State legislature
- Because you don’t have to go beach to see celebrities and other posers – TMZ does that for us
New Clutch of Retailers welcome Art Basel Miami
Posted on November 18, 2012
The huge white tents are up and ready in Midtown, and a few blocks to the north, Cartier, Louis Vuitton and Hermes are ready to welcome collectors, dealers and hangers-on to Art Basel Miami 2012. A few short years ago, Midtown was an unsavory and barren streetscape you passed-through on your way to more glamorous locals. Now it’s tough to find a parking space near your favorite eatery, and most condos and rentals in the neighborhood are full.
2BR/2BA with Rooftop Deck – Walk to the Beach
Posted on November 14, 2012
New 2 Bedroom / 2 Bath furnished, with rooftop deck and 2 parking spaces available for rent. Condo has upgraded finishes, high ceilings, and is located two blocks from the beach – surrounded by upscale restaurants and shops.
$3350/month. Call Sophie Bamps 305-305-2787.